Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Bzzzz... Here I am!

Hello Everyone,

Okay, so this picture is now a year old that's how busy I've been. It has, however, been a fantastic year. So much has happened I don't even know where to start (you know how that is)! I graduated from the University of Phoenix a little over a year ago (as you can see from the picture) and couldn't bee happier that it's finally over! It was a wonderful and fulfilling adventure. I got my degree in Human Services Management. What is to be done with the degree now that I have it, is still up in the air. I'm maybe considering a graduate program sometime in the near future.

Meanwhile, I have been cheerfully busy with my wonderful family and adorable grandchildren. I now have seven! Here are some pictures of my little jewels...
Here's Caroline and her best friend Charley. (For those of you who don't know, Charley is our seven year old golden retreiver). Clover, a small fluffy mix of some kind, is now in the picture, so Charley may be the #2 dog in her life now. Caroline has the same energy, and does the same crazy things that Sara did as a child. It's true; What goes around, comes around.
The only three year old that has complete control over a 120 pound dog! (Or at least she thinks she does).


Jillian Virginia, grandchild #6, looks just like Sara when she was a baby. This face says it all. I know I have the cutest grankids in the universe! What a Face! It kind of says "I hate spinach" or maybe, "I don't want to swallow the peas in my mouth".


Sydney and Coby came from Berkely for a quick visit in August. More proof...cutest grandkids in the universe! Papa Steve and I are going up the first weekend of December to see Robyn perform in a Christmas show at the Oakland Temple. I can't wait to see you guys!

Rigdon, Rangi and Grandpa Steve hiked to the top of San Gorgonio the last weekend of September. What a kid! How many 8 year olds do you know that can climb an 11,500 foot mountain? (That gappy grin says it all!) Also...more proof.



Olivia and I are the August birthday girls. Five of those candles are hers; the rest are mine. As you can see, she got a Furberry for her birthday. I got a Topsy Turvy. Those of you who have a TV know this is the amazing upside down tomato planter;the world's easiest way to grow tomatoes.(I know it's true; Billy Mayes told me so-may he rest in peace) I'll let you know when it's started yielding the promised fruit. (I haven't planted anything yet, but once I do, it will be so sweet). I'll keep you posted-no pun intended.

And this is our darling, little Penelope. She has moved to Boston with her parents, so I haven't seen her for a while, but the pictures on their blog show that she can sit up with only a slight assist from her favorite couch pillow. She is also talking, sort of,(Her Mom does most of the talking, but she tries to imitate what she says). And she can suck her upper lip (Hey, give her a break, she's only 6 months old). It doesn't sound too cute, but it truly is.


And finally, I had to get a picture of the day my brooms stood by themselves. No joke. On September 4th and 5th, every planet in the solar system was in-line. When this happens, it creates a pull on the earth that is equal on every side. This even force can be seen like this...standing brooms up on their bristles. It was so freaky. I kept my broom standing up all day. I couldn't find anything on it on the internet, so if anyone knows something about this, let me know.

The next entry will include the why and how,(and how buzzy that's kept me) of my parents moving in with us. May He bless you and keep you til then...

4 comments:

  1. Whoa mom! the brooms standing is seriously crazy! Im really glad you got a picture. I love all the pictures! What a great post. (Penny is just shy of 5 months by the way, not 6 :).

    Anyway, great post--keep em coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LeeAnn..welcome to the Blogging World...it's so fun to be able to keep our family connections strong in this techie world! I keep all your kids blogs on my page as I love feeling a part of your family too! Add me to your hive!

    http://www.hungrybookwormsunite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you got a pic of the standing brooms... what a trip! Good job with the post.. it's fun to see your pictures. I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you in December... just 9 1/2 short weeks away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Can't believe you didn't call me about the brooms my kids would have loved to have seen me do that!!! Great post, it was really fun spending time together the other day, I really appreciate the perspective you give me on life! Love you,Sara
    P.S. check my blog I am posting some new stuff!

    ReplyDelete